We are delighted to announce that Reading Town Hall conferencing and events, service along with the Concert Hall will reopen from 18 May in line with central government guidance.
We look forward to welcoming back visitors & clients to our venue and will keep this page updated with the latest information and guidance for the safety of both our visitors and our staff.
What we will be doing to keep you safe:
• Cleaned and Sanitized- Our venue will be thoroughly cleaned to the highest standards before and after each event. You will find hand sanitizing stations located throughout the venue for visitor use.
• Face Masks- Our staff will wear face coverings wherever possible to keep our staff and visitors safe.
• Track and Trace- We will follow all current track and trace guidance for venues.
• Social Distancing- The 2 metre distance guidance will be maintained as standard.
• Clear signage- All our entrance and exit points will be clearly signposted, and you will see notices throughout the venue reminding our visitors of current rules and guidance.
What we expect our visitors & clients to do to keep themselves and our staff safe:
• Follow all guidance related to Covid-19 symptoms, testing and isolation.
• Follow all guidance related to the track and trace app, including scanning the QR code on entry.
• Avoid touching surfaces.
• Use the hand sanitising stations whenever you see them but particularly on entering and exiting the building.
• Wear a face covering wherever possible, unless current guidance states it may be removed. You may be asked to show proof of exemption by a member of staff if you are not wearing one.
• Observe a 2 metre distance from other visitors and staff
• Follow signage and instruction from staff.
For more information government guidance relating to conferences meetings and events can be viewed here:
For information about how other Reading Borough Council services will be affected please follow this link.